[ih] Dot Com etc

Bernie Cosell bernie at fantasyfarm.com
Thu Jan 21 07:47:39 PST 2010

On 20 Jan 2010 at 18:05, Louis Mamakos wrote:

> There was, of course, the .ARPA domain that came first.  One day,
 ... all of the hosts in the SRI-NIC's HOSTS.TXT file grew aliases with
 ... the .ARPA suffix.

Funny you should mention that: just recently I ran across some old
business cards of mine with the email address "cosell at bbn-labsb.arpa".
Turns out that the printer didn't know what to do about that funny email
address part (I think I was among the first (at BBN at least) to try to
get my email addr on my business cards) and so he used a center-dot.
Most folk to whom I gave my business card back in those days had no idea
what an email address was..:o)

  /Bernie\

mailto:bernie at fantasyfarm.com     Pearisburg, VA