[ih] Dot Com etc

Craig Simon cls at rkey.com
Wed Jan 20 17:00:10 PST 2010

My dissertation might be handy for folks who are new to DNS history.

http://www.rkey.com/essays/diss.pdf

The veterans here have added some documents and primary info that I
didn't have when I was writing, so I've been enjoying this thread immensely.

I might add that perhaps an even more important milestone –
incrementation of NIC zone serial numbers –  didn’t begin until February
26, 1986

In any case, if someone bakes a birthday cake for March 15, I nominate
Jake Feinler for the honor of blowing out the candles.

Craig Simon