[ih] Dot Com etc

Larry Sheldon LarrySheldon at cox.net
Wed Jan 20 11:07:02 PST 2010

On 1/20/2010 12:37 PM, bboliek at catalpacreek.com wrote:
> Does anyone know why .com; .edu and .gov were chosen? I know it seems
> simple, but why .com instead of something like .biz?

Universities, organizations, and sometimes governments are biznesses.

"commercial" correctly identifies the caste somewhat uniquely.

But the answer to your question is "I don't know."

The bigger question is "why either one".  September would have
eventually ended it they had been thinking better.

--
"Government big enough to supply everything you need is big enough to
take everything you have."

Remember:  The Ark was built by amateurs, the Titanic by professionals.

Requiescas in pace o email
Ex turpi causa non oritur actio
Eppure si rinfresca

ICBM Targeting Information:  http://tinyurl.com/4sqczs