[ih] Domain Names

Larry Sheldon LarrySheldon at cox.net
Tue Jan 19 22:15:41 PST 2010

In this discussion of the development of the DNS structure, am I wrong
in believing:

   that the HOSTS.TXT "system" was a direct antecedent of the DNS, but

   the BITNET, "bang-path", FIDO structures (and probably some I have
   forgotten about or never knew about) were parallel to but not
   much part of the genealogy of the DNS?

--
"Government big enough to supply everything you need is big enough to
take everything you have."

Remember:  The Ark was built by amateurs, the Titanic by professionals.

Requiescas in pace o email
Ex turpi causa non oritur actio
Eppure si rinfresca

ICBM Targeting Information:  http://tinyurl.com/4sqczs