[ih] Email "autoresponder"

Dave CROCKER dhc2 at dcrocker.net
Fri Jan 15 11:29:56 PST 2010

Folks,

G'day.

Just got a query from a reporter relayed to me:

>>> Do you know anything about the history of the Email-autoresponder?
>>> I'm currently working on an article about that subject matter and, so far,
>>> couldn't find any information on how or by whom it was invented. Any hint

My own MMDF had it in the late 70s but was definitely far from the first.

I am reasonably certain that sendmail had it long before mine and that its
predecessor delivermail might have.

But I do not remember whether other email software had such a feature back then.

Do any of you?

Thanks.

d/

--