[ih] Making sense of the end-to-end arguments (or at least trying to)

Adrian Chadd adrian at creative.net.au
Wed Dec 8 18:48:49 PST 2010

.. really? There's a once-open-source-now-owned-by-amazon book reader
that a friend of mine uses on her ipad, that acts as a library manager
-and- does format conversions from "stuff" into an internally useful
representation. This does include pdf.

I can't recall the name of it though. I just know it's out there.
I'll see if I can find it and email it to the list.

Adrian

On Wed, Dec 08, 2010, Richard Bennett wrote:
> PDF sucks on the iPad and Kindle.
>
> On 12/8/2010 6:14 PM, John Levine wrote:
> >In article<4CFFD9F8.2030100 at bennett.com>  you write:
> >>I take it the book isn't available in any of the e-book formats. Pity.
> >What's wrong with PDF?

> >R's,
> >John
>
> --
> Richard Bennett

- $24/pm+GST entry-level VPSes w/ capped bandwidth charges available in WA -