[ih] ARPAnet Type 3 packets (datagrams)

John Day jeanjour at comcast.net
Thu Nov 26 04:42:13 PST 2009

I remember seeing text for both a "datagram" and
Fast Select.  They may have been contributions.
But I thought I remembered slightly more than
placeholder text in the Orange book for datagrams.

And that something was put in under pressure but
no one ever did it and it was taken out fairly
soon.

But if it wasn't in the Orange book and it was
taken out, when was it put in!?  ;-)

The only influence the researchers brought to
that early debate (I think) was Louis convincing
them to alight LAPB more closely to HDLC.