[ih] virtual communities

Ronda Hauben ronda.netizen at gmail.com
Tue Nov 24 17:59:49 PST 2009

Hi larry

For some of the history of Usenet, see:

    See Part II THE EVOLUTION OF USENET: THE POOR MAN'S ARPANET

                     http://www.columbia.edu/~rh120/ch106.x02

                                        and
               ON THE EARLY DAYS OF USENET:
           THE ROOTS OF THE COOPERATIVE ONLINE CULTURE
            http://www.columbia.edu/~rh120/ch106.x10

These are chapters in the book "Netizens: On the History and Impact of
Usenet and the Internet'
by Michael Hauben and Ronda Hauben, put onlne in 1994 and published in a
print edition by
IEEE Computer Society in 1997.

The url for the online version is http://www.columbia.edu/~rh120

cheers