[ih] We can hang up now, it's all done.

Michael Widerkrantz mc at hack.org
Mon Nov 23 11:49:44 PST 2009

jnc at mercury.lcs.mit.edu (Noel Chiappa), 2009-11-23 15:35 (+0100):

> If you want a copy of that ITS manual, it's available as a (scanned) document
> from MIT. There's a link to it on the Wikipedia ITS page:
>
>   http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Incompatible_Timesharing_System

Thanks to work by David Carter the document is also available as plain
text and some other formats here:

  http://www.sigfs.org/its-reference/

Incidentally, I was the one who asked a librarian at the AI lab to scan
the document in the first place. I'm sorry I don't remember the name of
the person who did this. Thanks, anyway.

> (One cannot of course depend on any Wikipedia article, but if you
> don't know much about ITS it's a good place to start; at the moment
> it's more-or-less as I left it, when I worked on it.)

Björn Victor has some additional material on getting ITS to run on the
KLH-10 emulator here:

  http://victor.se/bjorn/its/

and some additional material on UP, an ITS machine!

  http://up.update.uu.se/

Although the web server doesn't seem to answer just this moment. Björn
has written a web server in MacLisp.

Paul Svensson has also written a web server, but in MIDAS, IIRC. His
machine used to be available as

  http://sv.svensson.org/

but it doesn't answer any longer, although it does reply to ping.

--
M.C. Widerkrantz, http://hack.org/mc/
Plain text e-mail, please. OpenPGP welcome.