[ih] Baran and Davies and respetive roles in Apra design

Ian Peter ian.peter at ianpeter.com
Thu Mar 19 14:35:44 PDT 2009

>From what I have read here and elsewhere, it would appear that both Baran
and Davies (via Peter Kerstein) met at times in the Arpanet design phase
with various members of the Arpanet team to explain their similar theories
on packet switching. I have also read that it was the Davies design which
was adopted, not Baran's.

Can anyone shed more light on this, who met who, and why if both designs
were known Davies was preferred?

Ian Peter
PO Box 429
Bangalow NSW 2479
Australia
Tel (+614) 1966 7772 or (+612) 6687 0773
www.ianpeter.com
www.nethistory.info