[ih] NCP to TCP/IP Transition

Dave CROCKER dhc2 at dcrocker.net
Sat Jul 11 22:34:05 PDT 2009

Matthias Bärwolff wrote:
> Also, I am wondering, have the application layer gateways (relays) that
> RFC 801 refers to been deployed, and if yes, to which extend, and how
> successful?

Since the University of Delaware was doing CSNet/Arpanet email gatewaying, Vint
gave us a small contract to do Arpanet/Internet email gatewaying.  I marginally
got it running by December 82, before leaving UDel.

After that, as I understand it, other CSNet folk like Craig Patridge and some
other MMDF devotees had to do quite a bit of work to make it fully functional
and sufficiently reliable.

d/
--

   Dave Crocker