[ih] arpanet mailing lists

Christopher S. Leslie cleslie at poly.edu
Mon Jul 6 01:53:04 PDT 2009

Dear Internet History List:

Greetings. I am trying to learn more about the original mailing lists
on ARPANET, particularly sf-lovers (sfl at sri-csl) and human-nets, for a
book on science fiction. Although I see some information about these
lists when they were forwarded to Usenet, there earlier lists on
ARPANET that predate Usenet by a few years (perhaps as early as 1975).

I do not know what to expect from this query, but I would appreciate
any and all leads. I am hopeful that somewhere in the world there is a
complete archive, but that of course would be too good to be true. If
anyone have memories of this list, or can put me into contact with
someone who does, please let me know. I would also appreciate anyone
who can provide me with citations to research about this topic, as my
search has turned up very little.

Sincerely,

Chris Leslie

Christopher S. Leslie, Ph.D.
Co-Advisor, Science and Technology Studies
Polytechnic Institute of New York University
6 MetroTech Center, RH 213e
Brooklyn, NY 11201
(718) 260-3130