[ih] Secret precedence schemes back then

David Mills mills at udel.edu
Wed Jan 28 08:06:15 PST 2009

Scot,

I'm not aware of the 108-router boundary; I was afraid that the EGP
packet would grow to become fragmented and the unfuzzies would croak.
Having been victims of SATnet, the fuzzies could fragment and
reassemble, but not every other critter could. The dropdead packet size
was 1500 octets in respect the then Ethernet max. However, the fuzzies
died before that happend and the IBM/MCI era ensued with BGP..

Dave