[ih] Collecting old movies, videos and papers

Larry Press lpress at csudh.edu
Sun Aug 2 09:42:06 PDT 2009

> I hope that USC/ISI's POSTEL center will start a collection of old
> movies/videos and make
> them available online (say by using youTube).

ACM has historically important videos from old SIGCHI and SIGRAPH
conferences.  I believe there were also videos from their History of
Programming Languages conference.

In addition to videos, I'd like to see original papers and reports like
the ARPAnet Completion Report and papers like those listed as references
in these old articles:

http://bpastudio.csudh.edu/fac/lpress/articles/hist.htm
http://bpastudio.csudh.edu/fac/lpress/articles/govt.htm

> (also known as voice over IP) work.  This video was shot in January
> 1978, which is over THIRTY
> years ago.

Cool video -- I've added it to my VOIP teaching notes and a collection
of AV teaching material at:  http://isav.pbworks.com/.

Larry