[ih] Searching for some Arpanet-related Documents

Chris Edmondson-Yurkanan chris at cs.utexas.edu
Thu Jun 5 16:43:27 PDT 2008

Vint and all:

As the editor of the ACM SIGCOMM99 Tutorial notebook on the Technical
History of the Internet, I received a wonderful variety of primary
source documents that I wanted to put online.

SIGCOMM's chair Craig Partridge agreed in 2001 to fund putting several
historic network documents online 2002-2003.

The ARPANET Completion Report was one that I collected and put it
online March 2003.  I don't know the exact authorship of the "formal"
ARPANET Completion report, but I believe that it was originally
written by Heart/Walden/McKenzie/McQuillan, but possibly edited
afterwards??? by Darpa program managers???

The Arpanet Completion Report is also online at:  http://www.sigcomm.org/history/archive.html

Thanks, Chris

On Jun 5, 2008, at 5:22 AM, Vint Cerf wrote:

> That sounds like the formal report to darpa.

Chris Edmondson-Yurkanan
(chris at cs.utexas.edu)
Contact info:  www.cs.utexas.edu/~chris/