[ih] Old version of HOSTS.TXT available?

Mike Padlipsky the.map at alum.mit.edu
Sat Dec 15 00:52:33 PST 2007

At 03:31 AM 12/14/2007, Scott Brim wrote:

>Ole Jacobsen found
>http://pdp-10.trailing-edge.com/bb-ev83b-bm/01/new-system/hosts.txt
>which is from 04 Feb 1988 (part of a TOPS-20 distribution).

would it be hopelessly xx-century of me to wonder whether anybody had
asked jake?

[for non-xx-c. types: that's elizabeth 'jake' feinler, former head of
the original network information center, which what's left of my
memory insists was where the hosts tables originally came from or at
least were distributed thru, and at last report still with access to
the relevant archives.]

cheers, map

[whose shoulder problems caused him to break down some time ago and
create a 'signature' file to apologize for the lack of his formerly
customary e-volubility -- and who's been employing shiftless typing
for a long time now to spare his wristsnfingers, in case you didn't
know ... and who's further broken down and done
http://www.lafn.org/~ba213/mapstuff.html , rather grudgingly]