[ih] RFC 495

Bob Braden braden at ISI.EDU
Tue Sep 26 13:25:18 PDT 2006

John Klensin wrote:

  *>
  *> --On Wednesday, 13 September, 2006 18:39 -0400 Noel Chiappa
  *> <jnc at mercury.lcs.mit.edu> wrote:
  *>
  *> >...
  *> > What's the date on the one you have? Is it the December, 1974,
  *> > version? I ask because my current theory is that in fact that
  *> > version probably does contain 15372/15373.
  *>
  *> Don't remember.  I checked for 15372/3 while I was up there,
  *> decided they were not in it, and then left it there without
  *> making further notes.  Next trip.
  *>

John,

I have new news on this.  I was looking over our progress on the
"rfc-online" project (to get all RFCs online), and I found a .txt file
that contains not only the cover page now online as RFC 495, but ALSO
NIC #s 15372, 15373, and 15389-15393 (options).  Feeling too lazy to do
anything useful on a Monday afternoon, I went 70% of the way to
producing an nroff source for it.

I don't know where this .txt file came from, actually.  It may (presumably
was) typed in by some generous volunteer under the rfc-online program.
It has some typos and perhaps some missing sentences, but I don't
have an authoritative paper copy to verify.

So I will shortly be able to give you a 95% correct version, which is
probably good enough for government work, eh?

Bob Braden