[ih] UDP creation (Was: Date of RFC 791 for celebration)

Jack Haverty jack at 3kitty.org
Thu Mar 30 21:57:04 PST 2006

On Thu, 2006-03-30 at 22:06 -0500, Noel Chiappa wrote:
> (And I wish we had an accurate list of the meeting dates/locations!
> One more
> thing to try and crank out sometime...)

>From Jon's TCP Meeting Reports:

14-15 July 1977 - MIT-LCS

13-14 Oct 1977 - SRI

30-31 January 1978 - ISI

15-16 June 1978 - MIT-LCS

18-19 Sep 1978 - SRI

4-5 Dec 1978 - ARPA(12/4) & DCEC(12/5) for the first interoperability
demonstrations between dissimilar implementations, with less than
stellar results, motivating the "bakeoff" in January.

27&29-30 January 1979 - ISI (includes Saturday TCP Bakeoff)

Note the general rule, perhaps the first (undocumented) Internet
Standard: summer meetings on the East Coast,
possible-cold-weather-season on the West Coast.   This was altered
slightly for Internet Meeting Protocol version 2, when meetings in
Europe were added.  DCEC/ARPA must have been a checksum error...

That's all that are in my notebook.  Gotta go digging to see if there
are more notebooks somewhere up in the garage loft...

/Jack