[ih] Date of RFC 791 for celebration

Noel Chiappa jnc at mercury.lcs.mit.edu
Wed Mar 29 08:16:18 PST 2006

    > From: "Vint Cerf" <vint at google.com>

    > does jkrey at isi.edu have the IENS? Or has Chris Edmondson-Yurkanan got
    > them at univ texas at austin?

I discussed this issue with Bob Braden and Chris some months ago, when I was
looking for IEN-19. The short answer is that ISI has a set of hardcopies,
and someone scanned them in, but the scanning had some problems, and they
are hard to read. (You can see one such scan here:

  http://ana-3.lcs.mit.edu/~jnc/tech/ien/ien26.pdf

to see what it looks like.) I don't think that anyone has made those scans
publicly available; I think Chris has copies of the scans, because I got this
one from her.

There shouldn't be any problem locating complete hardcopy sets of IEN's to
scan in; in addition to the set at ISI, the Charles Babbage Institute has a
set, as part of the "Alex McKenzie Collection of Computer Networking
Development Records, 1969-1990 (CBI 123)":

  http://www.cbi.umn.edu/collections/inv/cbi00123.html

    > The june 16, 1978 date for final header design for TCP-4 fits my
    > recollection also.
    > Vint

Ah, good!

	Noel