[ih] internet-history Digest, Vol 20, Issue 1

Bob Braden braden at ISI.EDU
Mon Dec 4 11:23:25 PST 2006

>I really don't know (and probably never did) who made the formal OK/not-OK
>decision on attendance. It may indeed have been slightly easier to get in to,
>say, IETF 6 than IETF 1-2 (which really were limited to government people and
>DARPA contactors, I suspect).
>
>My perception is that there was no sharp break in the IWG/GADS/IETF
>evolution; just a slow, steady movement.
>
>         Noel

The IAB did (or fancied it did ;-)) actively steer the Internet development
effort, through chartering the task forces,
choosing their leadership, and requiring regular reports on progress.
It did not interfere with particular attendance at meetings.

Bob Braden