[ih] internet-history Digest, Vol 14, Issue 5

Bob Braden braden at ISI.EDU
Fri Apr 14 12:47:00 PDT 2006

  *>
  *> So I could be deeply confused, but there's a strong suggestion that
  *> someone had a brainwave (Bhushan?) between July and August 1972 and that
  *> it was promptly implemented, at least in west Cambridge (perhaps east
  *> Cambridge too longer :-)?).
  *>

It seemed a little difficult for denizens of Cambridge to grasp at the
time, but the fact is that there were ARPAnet sites that were not even
(gasp) in Massachussetts!  And some of these sites even had programmers
capable of implementing the protocols.

Was I annoyed at times by the arrogance of the BBN/MIT axis? Well, yes,
but we got the job done.

Bob Braden