[ih] Censoring the history of the Internet

Mike Padlipsky the.map at alum.mit.edu
Thu Jun 16 18:15:15 PDT 2005

At 03:16 PM 6/15/2005, Joe Touch wrote:
>Reminder to all:
>
>Ad-hominum attacks are not appropriate on this list, either directly or
>by URL reference.
>
>Joe (as list admin)

Let the record show that, presumably to no one's surprise, and as you and I
have already discussed at some length off-list, I do not agree that "ppapp"
constitutes an ad hominem attack.  I would not have "posted" it if I
thought it was, and I do not want a lack of on-list response from me to be
construed as silent assent to your view.

cheers, map
http://www.lafn.org/~ba213/mapstuff.html

"One (indeed, perhaps the only) indisputable benefit of the 'Net is that
you don't have to waste any stamps on, nor be complicitous in the killing
of any trees for, letters to editors and/or other invincibly smug corporate
behemoths that aren't going to be responded to because they show said
institutions up, but need to be sent anyway."

        --first new, official Elements of Networking Style Slogan in
yearsandyears