[ih] Re: IEN 209 missing from IEN index

Mike Padlipsky map at snap.org
Tue Jan 27 13:36:29 PST 2004

At 11:39 AM 1/27/2004, Bob Braden wrote:
>The Man has spoken!!  ;-)

so, does that imply that all i have to do to get you finally to keep your
4- [or is it 5-?] years and counting old promise to 'post' rfc 666 is to
convince joyce to tell you she's seen a notation jon made about it?

[just in case she cannot bring herself to tell a lie in a good cause --
and, of c., in case she can't find a useful notation -- remember, i hadn't
even paid any attention to the fact that i'd written rfc 666 until jon
pointed it out to me when we were going over my rfc's [back in the days
when the best, and perhaps only, way to do that sort of thing was via his
nls files: '90 +/- 1, as i reconstruct it] to help me decide which number
to have put on my complimentary interop t-shirt, so at some level he did
'bless' it.  doesn't that help?]

cheers, map
http://www.lafn.org/~ba213/mapstuff.html

"One (indeed, perhaps the only) indisputable benefit of the 'Net is that
you don't have to waste any stamps on, nor be complicitous in the killing
of any trees for, letters to editors and/or other invincibly smug corporate
behemoths that aren't going to be responded to because they show said
institutions up, but need to be sent anyway."

        --first new, official Elements of Networking Style Slogan in
yearsandyears