[ih] ARPA initial IMP-IMP line speed

Toru Nohzawa , nohzawa at w-tri.com
Mon Feb 23 06:30:59 PST 2004

Dave,

For IMP-IMP communication, theoretically you are suggesting that at 1969,
they could used
Frequency Divisional Modulation modem of  48KHz, 6.3Mhz or 44Mhz provided by
AT&T.
Neglecting the physical cross-continental line configuration  within AT&T,
logically,  ARPA could reserve over 12 cross-continental voice-band leased
lines
as a single 50Kbps leased line.

Do you know the way we can confirm your suggetion ?
Or, do you know somebody who knows the actual IMP spec. ?

Toru