[ih] spam

Joe Touch touch at ISI.EDU
Fri Sep 5 16:05:37 PDT 2003

Perry E. Metzger wrote:

> I've gotten precious little other than spam from this list in a while
> -- and it has been a significant amount of spam. Is something wrong
> with the spam filters?

Hi, Perry,

The archives show exactly one message in Sept - yours. In all of August
there were two posts - one spam, shown below on August 12. July had two
posts, both spam.

I'm not sure that N=2 is a "significant" amount of spam, though the list
has indeed been largely idle for a while, and 2/3 of the messages since
June have been spam (4 spams out of 6 messages total).

FWIW, this list, like end2end-interest, has had zero SoBig messages or
the related 'vacation' or 'spam found' posts. Personally, I'm pleased
with how the spam filters are running, based on that data.

Joe
(list administrator)