[ih] re joyce reynolds

gfscho at wm.edu gfscho at wm.edu
Wed Oct 8 10:09:10 PDT 2003

Dear IH list:

Joyce Reynolds is a co-author in many of the RFCs that Postel
authored.

Could anyone shed more light for me on what her role was,
exactly? Was she an engineer working with Postel, a general
assistant to Postel, or other?

I have read many internet histories but have not seen a good
explanation of her role in the creation of the Internet or
her work relationship with Postel.

I recently submitted another question to this mailing list
regarding Postel's RFC 819. I appreciated the several
the reason for my questions: I am writing a doctoral
dissertation and have found a need to know and write more
than expected about Jon Postel. To my delight, I must say. I
do look forward to sharing my work with the Postel Center
when it is done.

Best,

gretchen schoel
american studies program
college of william and mary

P.S. ((Of course, if I use any of the material that I get
from this mailing list, I will ask permission of the
individuals who responded to me, and I will credit the mail
list itself.))