[ih] Finding the ARPA's Request for quotation (july-august 1968)

Chris Edmondson-Yurkanan chris at cs.utexas.edu
Mon May 12 15:17:48 PDT 2003

Additionally, Serge, the reference to the Arpanet Completion Report Draft
(III-35) is to a draft compilation of a summary of the entire project.

I have seen both, but the copy that I have put online is not the draft,
but instead is the official completion report, and it is much shorter.

I believe that the draft was primarily written by F. Heart, A. McKenzie,
J. McQuillan, and D. Walden (all of BBN) as material that *could* be
included in the ARPANET Completion Report.

Whereas, the official Arpanet Completion Report approved by DARPA (the DARPA
Program Mgr whose name is on it is: Stephen Walker) is shorter, and I haven't
compared them to see the differences.

You won't find the material from Draft III-35 anywhere in the official
ARPANET Completion Report.

Thanks, Chris

The online copy is in pdf, and is just scanned images, this was not OCRed
and thus is not searchable.

http://www.cs.utexas.edu/users/chris/DIGITAL_ARCHIVE/ARPANET/DARPA4799.pdf

--
The University of Texas at Austin  TAY 4.136; +1 512 471 9546    Fax: 471 8885
Chris Edmondson-Yurkanan           My email addresses are: chris at cs.utexas.edu
Computer Sciences Department          or dragon at cs.utexas.edu
1 University Station C0500         URL:  www.cs.utexas.edu/users/chris/
Austin, TX   78712-1188            Fedex: please send to Taylor Hall 2.124