[ih] Re: spam...

Joe Touch touch at ISI.EDU
Tue Jan 21 16:24:57 PST 2003

Mike Padlipsky wrote:
> At 09:04 AM 1/21/03, Joe Touch wrote:
>
>> Spam which got by so far is because it is in a foreign language, not
>> because it's in HTML.
>

> while i'll grant, nay insist, that
>
> From: "MR. DICKSON UDUM" <dicksonudum at hknetmail.com>
> To: internet-history at postel.org
> Date: Thu, 09 Jan 2003 03:20:51
> isn't very good english, it does appear to be english enough to refute
> that statement.

Recall that the spam filters were put in place on 1/15/03. The above
occurred before those filters were put in place; I never said the
previous filters were anything but primitive ;-)

The current filters have indeed been successful at stopping all but
foreign language spam. There has been exactly ONE spam since then, the
one which looks like Italian.

Joe