[ih] History of Online Databases

David L. Mills mills at udel.edu
Sat Jan 18 05:51:54 PST 2003

Rick,

Not to deflect your adventure; but, I take exception to the distinction
between technical database and otherwise. One of the things really
important about Internet development is the fact that the developers
were also the dedicated users of the technology. The host name database
evolved to the DNS and that surely fits your mold of a "nontechnical"
distributed database. I suspect you will be uncomfortable about the
degree of nerd involved, but hey, nerds rule.

Dave