[ih] Forwarded with permission: Re: Telnet's NVT

Chris Edmondson-Yurkanan chris at cs.utexas.edu
Sun Nov 10 15:43:12 PST 2002

--- Forwarded mail from "Steve Crocker" <steve at stevecrocker.com>

I think there was, in fact, some preliminary implementation of NIL, but
it wasn't completed and the effort was abandoned.  I don't believe it
played any part in subsequent developments, e.g. NVT.  Jeff Rulifson and
Bill Duvall were the key people behind NIL; they're still around and
could be tracked down.  Jeff was at Sun the last time I saw him.

Steve

--
The University of Texas at Austin  TAY 4.136; +1 512 471 9546    Fax: 471 8885
Chris Edmondson-Yurkanan           My email addresses are: chris at cs.utexas.edu
Computer Sciences Department          or dragon at cs.utexas.edu
1 University Station C0500         URL:  www.cs.utexas.edu/users/chris/
Austin, TX   78712-1188            Fedex: please send to Taylor Hall 2.124