[ih] creation date for IANA?

Rahmat M. Samik-Ibrahim rms46 at vlsm.org
Mon Mar 18 18:16:25 PST 2002

"Eric A. Hall" wrote:

> Does anybody have evidence or I-was-there knowledge

I was not there :-)

> of the month and year
> that the office of IANA was formally established? I've tried the usual
> timelines, org biographies, Whois (iana.org changed registrars last year,
> doh), and cannot find an authoritative date.

By coincident, I have just discussed in the class (http://vlsm.org/komas/)
about the taboo things of the IETF:
- the accountability (=$$$) of the Internet Standard Process.
- the reason of why there are not may fellows from our region
  in the IETF (RFC2727 as a domination preservation tool).
I am just wondering where to get Federal
documents about contracts to USC and CNRI.

But these URLs may help...

http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc204.txt 5 August 71
    Sockets in use
http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc349.txt 30 May 72
    Proposed Standard Socket Numbers
http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc503.txt 13 April 1973
    Socket Number List
http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc604.txt 26 December 1973
    Assigned Link Numbers
http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc717.txt 1 July 1976
    Assigned Network Numbers
[... more updates ...]

http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc2468.txt
    I REMEMBER IANA
http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc2441.txt
    Working with Jon -- Tribute delivered at UCLA, October 30, 1998

--
Rahmat M. Samik-Ibrahim-GNU/Linux/usr/#89215 - http://rms46.vlsm.org
-- No animal nor undergrad was harmed in this research :^) ---------