[ih] Simple question

Craig Partridge craig at aland.bbn.com
Wed Aug 15 03:20:30 PDT 2001

In message <E73DD1C4EDB0D84889A4E589B499A8A110C1AF at esebe001.NOE.Nokia.com>, Iva
n.Arias-Rodriguez at nokia.com writes:

>	- When TCP started to be designed?

The first published paper was in May 1974 by Cerf and Kahn.  TCP work
obviously started before that time, and I've seen accounts of when Vint
and Bob started their thinking, but don't have them handy.

>	- When its design was finished?

I believe fairly close to when RFC 793 was written.

>	- When its first implementation was available?

For which version?  There were implementations in the late 1970s.  I don't
know which versions of TCP were implemented, but some were.

Craig