[ih] Dan Lynch has passed away

Steve Crocker steve at shinkuro.com
Sun Mar 31 11:29:14 PDT 2024

Geoff's short note says three strikingly important things.

   1. Geoff was the kind of kid who was fascinated with computers and found
   a way to hang around them.  (I was one of them too some years earlier.)

   2. Dan was the kind of manager who recognized, appreciated and nurtured
   kids like that.

   3. The environment was sufficiently permissive for Dan to be able to do
   that.  Things tightened up considerably a few years later.  But the advent
   of personal computers opened the computer world to nearly everybody.
   However, in the early days, the openness of the university and research
   computing centers made it possible for kids like Geoff to get involved.

Steve

Sent by a Verified
[image: Sent by a Verified sender]
<https://wallet.unumid.co/authenticate?referralCode=tcp16fM4W47y>