[ih] OSI and alternate realiv

John Klensin jklensin at gmail.com
Thu Mar 21 07:25:14 PDT 2024

Sorry... I should have made it clear in that over-long note that I have
little or no disagreement with most of the comments about the degree to
which then-OSI, and the organizations and structures surrounding it, were
in trouble back then and why the Internet technologies won out.    My
extended speculation was only about how much different things would be
today had those technologies and the associated organizations and
administrative arrangements lasted much longer _and_ to the degree to which
we have ended up adopting ideas and practices that are not very different
from what "they" seemed to be pushing and we were denouncing in the late
1980s.

    john

On Sun, Mar 17, 2024 at 12:31 PM John Levine via Internet-history <