[ih] OSI and alternate reality

Bob Purvy bpurvy at gmail.com
Fri Mar 15 12:15:25 PDT 2024

Jack, your description of the meeting structures between the two systems is
spot-on.

If your overriding concern is that everything must be fairly adjudicated,
and moreover, be SEEN to be fair, and all parties have a fair chance to
weigh in, then you end up with the OSI model.

Not only is it slow, but as a rule, no one can be offended by having their
ideas left out.. Therefore, the final product tends to include almost
everything that anyone with any power feels strongly about.

On Fri, Mar 15, 2024 at 12:00 PM Jack Haverty via Internet-history <