[ih] OSI and alternate realiv

John Day jeanjour at comcast.net
Fri Mar 15 10:24:39 PDT 2024

Yes, the PTTs had no idea what was coming.  As late as the late 1980s, I had people telling me that the amount of data traffic would never exceed the amount voice traffic. (!!) You could only wonder what they were smoking!  ;-)

Also, recent delving into the old papers makes it clear the degree to which the PTTs thwarted the development of comparable networks in Europe, e.g., EIN and EURONET.