[ih] Really old list archives

Jack Haverty jack at 3kitty.org
Tue Jan 23 13:50:01 PST 2024

There's a variety of organizations that have been compiling oral and
even video histories by interviewing us IOFs (Internet Old Farts). I
find it curious that no one seems interested in preserving the history
captured in emails like the ones here and on many past mailing lists.

Ages ago (mid 1970s) we used the Datacomputer as a place to store
"important" emails for posterity.   After all, it would take a long time
to fill up that one terabit warehouse!   So naive...    There were a
bunch of early "important" emails put in the Datacomputer - things like
email proposals, interactions with ARPA, reports, etc. I wonder if they
still exist somewhere on backup tapes.

Jack