[ih] Really old list archives

Craig Partridge craig at tereschau.net
Tue Jan 23 10:33:53 PST 2024

On Tue, Jan 23, 2024 at 11:01 AM Noel Chiappa via Internet-history <

> And I'd still like to find the name of the list that was used before the
> ietf
> list existed (the name is a start; finding any of its archives will be an
> even bigger search). Would it have been at DARPA? I'd guess not - but where
> else? ISI, SRI or BBN?

I think that list was called "inarc" -- recall IETF was an offshoot of the
INARC Task Force (INARC  evolved into a research group and then expired
around 1992).  Dave Mills ran it and probably ran the email list at UDEL?

Craig

--
*****
Craig Partridge's email account for professional society activities and