[ih] Endliss misconceptions about Email reliability

Jack Haverty jack at 3kitty.org
Mon Jan 15 16:40:47 PST 2024

Curious...

Every other infrastructure I can think of has accreted a collection of
laws, treaties, regulations, government agencies, industry groups,
lobbyists, et al which collectively guide the evolution of a technology
into becoming a reliable infrastructure for society.   Or at least
trying to be reliable.  Energy, transportation, postal mail, shipping,
telephony, radio/TV, medical care, et al are important infrastructures
for the world.

Why has the Internet (including Email and the Web), which I at least
think is now a similar crucial world infrastructure, not developed any
similar governance machinery?

Jack Haverty