[ih] Email reliability

Jack Haverty jack at 3kitty.org
Sun Jan 14 11:19:52 PST 2024

Control-U in Thunderbird shows all headers.  You're right, there is an
unsubscribe in the header from the isoc list, but Thunderbird at least
doesn't seem to do anything with it.   Many mailing lists put an
unsubscribe link in the footer they insert at the bottom of each message
as it passes through.

I looked at the headers in one of the messages this morning.  But it was
one I received directly, rather than through the mailing list. So it had
no unsubscribe header.   Curious, I still haven't gotten any of this
morning's messages (Andy, me, you, Dave) via the internet-history route,
but the direct copy arrived intact.  Perhaps isoc is down...

Jack