[ih] Email from Yahoo

Brian E Carpenter brian.e.carpenter at gmail.com
Sat Feb 10 12:08:44 PST 2024

On 11-Feb-24 08:37, Andrew G. Malis wrote:
> On Gmail, I just compared my inbox with the archive. I've received every
> email that's in the archive. That said, I was explicitly copied on a number
> of them, so I'm not a good test case.
>
> Also, neither I nor the archive received the reply that Alex M. claimed to
> have sent, although we both received his follow-up.
>
> I did not receive Bob's image. My setting for images in digests had been
> "plain", so I've now changed it to MIME.

That's irrelevant (see my previous message).

> Even though it seems to be working for Gmail reception, it might be best to
> put it back the way it was, it seems much safer that way. I didn't mind the
> sender being rewritten, it's still clear who the author is of each email.

Rewriting the sender is the only surefire way of being DMARC-proof. The
IETF method is superior, IMHO. Once the IETF has achieved its conversion
to Mailman 3 (due on Monday), maybe Joe could consider petitioning the IETF
to host this list?

Gmail is still reasonably user-friendly. Yahoo, not so much.

     Brian