[ih] Fwd: [xbbn] Sad news about Mike Brescia

Craig Partridge craig at tereschau.net
Sun Feb 4 13:27:18 PST 2024

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Claudio Topolcic <claudio@*****>
Date: Sat, Feb 3, 2024 at 1:13 PM
Subject: [xbbn] Sad news about Mike Brescia
To: <xbbn@*****>

Folks,

I am very sorry to relay that Mike Brescia died early this morning. He had
some kind of disseminated abdominal cancer that was diagnosed at a late
stage. Treatment was not found to be effective so they could only make him
comfortable.

I had had not known about it earlier, and when I communicated with him a
couple of weeks ago he invited me to his house. Last Tuesday he was very
sick, but he was the old Mike Brescia that we have known for so long, and
we had a good time together. His wife Ruth said that he got worse later in
the week. I am very glad I got to see him when I did.

He did not seem to want me to distribute this at the time, so I kept it to
myself. But now Ruth asked me to pass this information on to his other
friends at BBN. He is at Douglas Funeral Home in Lexington. Ruth said they
are planning a memorial and we can get information about the timing from
the funeral home. But if I learn anything I will send another email.

Sorry,
Claudio

--
*****
Craig Partridge's email account for professional society activities and