[ih] early networking

John Day jeanjour at comcast.net
Mon Apr 8 20:47:00 PDT 2024

This has been my contention for decades. There is considerable evidence that it was independently invented several times. Stat muxes were basically packet switches and there were a couple of other places where it appears it was independently invented.  To someone with a computing background, when presented the problem of communicating with another machine. The data is in a buffer, the obvious thing is to pick up the buffer and send it!  Why go to the work of making it look continuous like voice?  ;-)