[ih] IETF relevance (was Memories of Flag Day?)

John Lowry jhlowry at mac.com
Wed Sep 6 03:07:23 PDT 2023

You were correct the first time - these are messages. They are not providing the same service as Internet email.  You can only talk to them.  You cannot download or forward. You can only access via a TLS/SSL connection.

The technology metaphor is an email client that is not completely dissimilar to a message board, but it is not email.

This leaves all the identity and data protection records (HIV status, etc) to them and whatever internal mechanisms they have in place.  If you ask for a complete copy of your record, you can guess what they are doing and see what they’re not doing. It won’t be available or delivered via these messages.