[ih] Invention of The Internet - circa 1920

John Lowry jhlowry at mac.com
Tue Nov 28 06:21:45 PST 2023

It seems possible that semaphore signals to/from ships at sea with the relevant
authorities ashore might qualify.  Also, it seems like a lot of this is not packet
transfer but message transfer.  Since the actual originator and recipients were
unlikely to be technologically capable, this seems like MTA traffic, much like we have
to day.