[ih] Fw: Installed base momentum (was Re: Design choices in SMTP)

Barbara Denny b_a_denny at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 16 09:18:48 PST 2023

 I have had problems sending this particular message to the list.   Hope it finally gets delivered.
barbara
   ----- Forwarded Message ----- From: Barbara Denny <b_a_denny at yahoo.com>To: Internet-history <internet-history at elists.isoc.org>Sent: Monday, February 13, 2023 at 04:00:17 PM PSTSubject: Re: [ih] Installed base momentum (was Re: Design choices in SMTP)
  It is very unfortunate Charlie Lynn is no longer with us so he could provide some info.  I could be wrong but I believe Charlie spent a lot of his time on TCP (for the TOPS -20) at BBN at least during 1981 - 1983 timeframe. This was the time I was working on packet radio at BBN.  During our weekly? meetings Charlie would report on TCP.  I am mentioning this in case someone wants to search for more information.   You might not realize you need to look at reports which include packet radio. Jil Westcott was the packet radio manager at that time so her name might be on most of the reports.
BTW while I was searching briefly for project reports last summer I noticed Jil mentioned  contractually there had been a change. This would result in some efforts no longer being reported under this project.  I don't remember when this happened but I think it was after 1983.
barbara