[ih] Installed base momentum (was Re: Design choices in SMTP)

Brian E Carpenter brian.e.carpenter at gmail.com
Fri Feb 10 12:58:29 PST 2023

When I joined IBM in early 1997, with the dubious job title
"Program Director, Internet Standards and Technology", I found
people everywhere in IBM, not least in Research Triangle Park,
who very much saw the need for TCP/IP. The main problem was
that each IBM operating system had its own implementation; but
AIX was the gold standard.

Regards
    Brian