[ih] Design choices in SMTP (custom emails per recipient)

Dave Crocker dhc at dcrocker.net
Thu Feb 9 20:07:46 PST 2023

On 2/9/2023 7:08 PM, Jack Haverty wrote:
> Seems like a pretty poor UX design, IMHO.

Oh it definitely is.

Just like real-life.

Whoever designed this reality really did an awful job.

I mean, when someone calls and says who they are, I never know whether
to believe them.

And when I meet someone in a city and they tell me who they are and what
they do, I'm never quite sure whether they are telling the truth.

Email should, of course, be completely different from the rest of
reality.  (Well, in some ways, I suppose it is.  But not this one.)

d/

--
Dave Crocker
Brandenburg InternetWorking