[ih] IETF relevance (was Memories of Flag Day?)

Brian E Carpenter brian.e.carpenter at gmail.com
Thu Aug 31 16:00:03 PDT 2023

On 01-Sep-23 04:28, Scott Brim via Internet-history wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 31, 2023 at 9:31 AM John Day via Internet-history <
> internet-history at elists.isoc.org> wrote:
>
>> The DEC person was Tony Lauk.  ;-)
>>

> FYI I believe Tony is still living in Vermont flying sailplanes.

Except that he's spelt Tony Lauck. I dealt with him; I seem to
think it was over FDDI support rather than TCP/IP. And also
possibly re DECnet Phase IV to Phase V transition. He was one
of CERN's senior contacts with DEC Littleton, along with
Al Kirby and Bill Hawe iirc. Ross Callon could probably say more.

He was an IAB member from 1990 through March 1994, so clearly
regarded as "one of us".

    Brian