[ih] IETF relevance (was Memories of Flag Day?)

vinton cerf vgcerf at gmail.com
Wed Aug 30 10:39:41 PDT 2023

TCP/IP came out of work that Bob Kahn and I did along with my graduate
students at Stanford. But the INWG (slightly more formal extension of NWG
when it became IFIP WG 6.1) contributed in a highly collaborative fashion.
So did UCL and BBN in early implementation phases of TCP and TCP/IP.

I tend to associate NWG with Arpanet Host-Host Protocols (and application
protocols)
and IAB (later IETF) with TCP/IP and associated applications